Have you ever heard the following phrases from customers: “I chose this bank because its website has cool banners” or “I always buy products of this company, because its corporate site has an unreal cool design”? I dare to assume that no.
Let's face it: customers prefer certain companies not because of the attractiveness of their websites. The design of the site is only its wrapper, much more important is what is contained inside.
Next, we look at 7 unpleasant facts that even the most attractive design in the world cannot hide.
- 2) The site posted terrible content.
- 3) The wrong marketing platform is used to promote the site.
- 4) The site is not able to generate leads
- 5) The site does not have a proper impact on the target audience.
- 6) The site is hopelessly outdated
- 7) Your site is not integrated with social networks
- Site design - only the tip of the iceberg
1) The site has low positions in search results
Visibility of your site in search engines is much more important than its attractive design. Try typing in Google the names of the products or services you offer your customers. If you have already viewed 10 pages, but have not yet found your website in the results of search results, then everything is bad. Consider for a moment: if your site is lost on the Internet, does it matter what it looks like?
There are also opposite situations. You go to the site with a mediocre design and think: "God, what a bad taste!". And then it turns out that this site takes up pretty good positions in search engines.
Consider for example the home page of the company Bullet Proof Design, selling parts for motorcycles:
Surely you will agree that the design of this site leaves much to be desired: too dark background, lack of brevity and unity of colors, etc. However, this does not prevent him from entering the first five lines of Google search results on the main keywords in the topic.
- Make sure that the pages of your website contain keywords and phrases that your target audience will use during the search.
- Invest more in creating high-quality and optimized content, rather than decorating your website. Metric-oriented marketers believe that high traffic can make any website attractive.
2) The site posted terrible content.
It has long been known that unique, useful and relevant content helps to attract customers. If you are not in content marketing, you automatically give up your competitors. Note the following statistics:
- 329 million people read blogs every month. Do you think they read your blog?
- Every day, 27 million posts are shared. How many shareings does your content receive?
- 73% of customers prefer blogs and articles, not advertising.
- 61% of customers are more likely to use the services of companies that regularly publish content.
- The more rassharivaniya gets your content, the more chances you have to increase sales. Practice shows that by sharing it’s possible to increase sales up to 500%.
- Over 80% of content sharing is done via email, social media, blogs and forums. Do you use all these channels to promote your content?
Data is taken from the overseas infographic "Ditch Cold Calls. Why Content Is King".
- If you have not created a blog on your site, it’s time to do it. Post content on a regular basis to keep your current customers and attract new ones.
- Ask your colleagues in sales and customer service what questions your audience asks them most often, and post the answers to them on your blog.
- Before publishing your posts, read them out loud. You should only post content that you could share with clients in person.
3) The wrong marketing platform is used to promote the site.
If you want to succeed in promoting your website, you cannot do without an appropriate marketing platform, thanks to which you can publish content, create and test landing pages, optimize conversion levels, generate leads, etc.
One of the most effective marketing platforms in the domestic market is LeadHit. With it you can:
- manage posts in social networks;
- evaluate the profitability of various advertising companies to avoid unnecessary costs;
- Increase conversion rates
- get recommendations on search engine optimization of your site;
- Get key metrics that matter most to your site.
As you can see, this tool simultaneously solves the most important marketing tasks. According to the manufacturers of this platform, it can increase the number of real sales by 15%.
However, do not rush to choose. If you use different tools and complex configurations that do not fit together, you will spend twice or even three times as much time on your marketing activities. In addition, it will be more difficult for you to understand which methods work and which ones don’t, which further measures need to be taken to improve results, etc. If you are not sure about the effectiveness of your marketing platform, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does your marketing platform generate and grow leads? Does it help you in the selection of keywords and research data on search engine optimization? Does it offer solutions for managing social media marketing?
- Can your marketing platform handle direct customer interaction? What about corporate processes and initiatives? Does it promote team collaboration?
- Can your marketing platform manage email marketing? Can she measure customer satisfaction?
If your marketing platform does not meet the above requirements, then it makes no sense to use it.
- As you know, the ability to formulate, test and improve new ideas is an integral part of modern marketing. Choose tools with which you can test new ideas on your website.
- Your marketing platform should be easy to use. If you spend more time studying the functions of this tool, rather than promoting your site with it, it means that it does not suit you.
4) The site is not able to generate leads
The Internet is the best tool for effective targeted marketing. Traditional methods of influencing potential customers, including television, have long been outdated. And if you don’t use your website to raise potential customers ’awareness of your company and generate leads, you’ll miss out on a lot of opportunities.
The process of generating leads, in fact, comes down to creating the right call to action, thanks to which a potential client can move to the next level of the sales funnel. Whatever call to action you use, be it "Read more", "Subscribe to a newsletter" or "Get a free copy of the book", you must use its full potential on your website to bring the process of nurturing leads to automaticity.
- Do you have low traffic? Launch a new campaign on your blog to use keywords and phrases that your target audience searches for. Accumulate external links on relevant websites. Simplify the process of sharing your content. Leave guest posts on other sites.
- Do you have enough traffic, but few leads? Create offers to help your potential customers better understand their needs and problems. This way, they will learn more about your brand and become more susceptible to your subsequent marketing efforts.
- Do you have enough leads, but few real customers? Create and promote your offers to convert leads into customers. Use this content to further promote customers through the sales funnel.
5) The site does not have a proper impact on the target audience.
Before you begin to distribute your content, make sure that you have chosen the appropriate target audience and have an idea of how it makes purchases and how you can influence it. You need to understand the needs of your potential customers, identify their problems, predict the keywords that they will use to search the Internet, learn how to deal with their objections and offer them solutions in the way they prefer. Your content will be completely useless if you do not know for whom it is intended.
- Formulate the image of your customer and use it as a guide when creating advertising content.
- Choose a style and tone for your content that resonates with your target audience.
- Ask your sales and customer service colleagues what objections they encounter most often, and create relevant content that responds to these objections.
6) The site is hopelessly outdated
If you do not constantly update your website, then one day it will become completely useless. This does not mean that you have to drastically change it in one day. Start with a little change.
- Use A / B testing to explore your new ideas that affect the landing page design, lead form, call-to-action buttons, and other variables. The first idea that comes to your head is not always the most successful.
- You do not know what your customers like? Ask them themselves! A carefully designed survey addressed to your current and potential customers will help you understand which elements of your website you can leave and which elements need urgent work.
7) Your site is not integrated with social networks
Most visitors to your site are not random, and sharing your content is also not accidental. Become a company that distributes content that is interesting to your audience. Make the next word of the word of mouth sound of your brand name (in a positive way).
- If you want to get more likes, rassharivany and retweets, invest 50% of your energy to create a header. It forms the first impression of readers about your content. If the headline is boring and inconspicuous, then your potential customers are unlikely to read the post to the end.
- When posting links to your posts on social networks, always accompany them with interesting short descriptions.
- You must monitor the effectiveness of content published on social networks. Otherwise you will not be able to continuously improve its quality.
- Think big. In the coming years, VKontakte, Facebook, Google+ and other social networks will start to have even more influence on the ranking of your site in search engines.
Site design - only the tip of the iceberg
Pleasant appearance is not the main criterion for the effectiveness of the website. Of course, the importance of high-quality and attractive design is also not to be denied, but it is worth remembering that there are other, more important factors, without which your website will be just a beautiful picture that does not bring any good.
If you understand that your site also has one or more of the above disadvantages, do not hope that they will disappear by themselves. You need to take urgent measures to eliminate these problems before they cause serious damage to your business.